Sunday, September 7, 2008

We have a new addition to our family

If they call me Snow White because of the way I am with animals then what should they call my husband?? Friday morning I get a call at work and its Ryan telling me that he has a mouse stuck to one of those horrible sticky mouse traps. He wants to know what to do. He says it is bleeding and is really hurt. I wanted to throw up. I have seen those mouse traps and what they can do to a mouse - basically it is designed that the mouse will rip himself to death trying to get off. Its very sad and the makers should be stuck to a pad just like it - naked!!! Maybe then they will know what it feels like. Anyways the first thought that come it mind is there is nothing you can do and that you will just have to put it out of its misery. Ryan did not like this answer. You can't just pull him off cuz you will pull its skin off too. Maybe you can cut him off. So that the sticky stuff is still attached to him but at least it will be free. He says he will try that and call me back.

About an hour later he calls me back telling me that he got the little guy off he cleaned him up with an alcohol swab, he is now in a box and I need to come get him on my way home from work. Not only did he cut him off he very carefully got all the sticky stuff too. What a guy :O) So we get him a small cage and put food, water and bedding in it for him. I feel sooo sorry for this little guy. He has no whiskers cuz he ( not Ryan ) pull them all off trying to get his face off the sticky pad, he had be bleeding from his mouth, his feet were all red and bloody and he can't walk right. I think cuz they hurt. But he is doing better. We have him in our room where it is quite most of the day, and he is eating and drinking and hiding out in a toilet paper tube. Seriously God, is this our/my calling to rescues mice. I'll do it, you know I will, I can't help it I love little critters but really mice??

That bring me to story #2 our first rescued mouse from January - Mr. Bojangles. Remember him?? The little shit bit me :O) And drew blood. We were trying to clean his cage which is just about impossible cuz he jumps around everywhere and we can't catch him. The only way is to trap him in side his toy jeep. ( Yes, he has a toy jeep to sleep in ). So we get him to run in it and Ryan sticks his hand over the opening and starts to lift it out of the cage and I see he is trying to squeeze through a small hole Ryan's hand didn't cover so I stick my hand there and he bites me. So we drop it back in the cage and close it. OK so here is my idea - maybe I am only to rescue them and help them, then let them go?? So i mention to Ryan that maybe we should let him go?? What do you think his response will be?? A. - Great Idea honey B. - But I don't want too but we will cuz he is a wild mouse after all C. - No!! And the answer is C!!!!! He actually got mad at the idea of letting him go!!! But it's not like we can let him go now anyways cuz what if he has rabies or something and since he bit me we need to keep him for at least 2 weeks. Good Grief!!! Oh and so I have proof I have told Ryan that I think it would be a good idea to let our new little friend go once he gets better. But he is already is set on keeping him too.

** For the record he has found and threw out allllll and any sticky traps he found at work and has told his boss that when ever he see one its throwing it away.

No comments: