Friday, March 28, 2008

To Dance Or Not To Dance That Is The Question

Its funny sometimes how things just fall in your lap. Today I was at Lt. Marys school to type some stories that her kids had written for a book they will later on illustrate. Well, today also happens to be the day when a lady comes in and teaches the kids Spanish. So as the kids are learning I am just typing away minding my business. It was the end of the day and after the kids left Mary tells me that she also has a dance studio. "Oh really??" So I talk to her for a bit and mention how Mary and I used to dance. That I hadn't done it for years but I would love to get back into it. Of course the question of what I used to take can up and I told her how I loved ballet, jazz, hip hop and tap. And she is like " would you like to join a hip hop class?" It just so happens that she has a small class of 3 adults and they have been looking for a forth. I almost wet myself!! Do you have any idea how awesome it would be to be in a small adult hip hop class??!! So next Wednesday I am going to go and try it out. The only problem is that I have not danced in YEARS!!! and I have lost alllllll my flexibility. So she has offered that I can go to a Tuesday afternoon ballet class to regain some of my flexibility. Its actually a point class, but they have the best bar stretches. So it would help me get back into shape the fastest. But do I do it??? How much have I really lost?? Do I dare commit to another thing?? Oh and the performance is in May. So I would have 2months to get in shape and learn the dance for the recital. It would be easy to learn given there are only 3 other people and if they are in need like the lady said then I"m sure they will be willing to take the time to teach me. Oh what to do?? What to do??

No comments: