Tuesday, April 24, 2007

For All You Cooks

As most of you know I L-O-V-E to cook and I get asked a lot "what am I making for dinner" or my cutie pie little sis will call and want to know what to make that is cheep and quick that does not require a lot. So I thought it would be fun to share some recipes with you all.

Most things I make are cheep, easy, and don't require a lot. I try to eat healthy so most of these things are high protein and semi low fat and low carbs (most not all).

My Chicken Salad - this is easy and very yummy.

**Chicken - cooked and cold (put in fridge) and cut into small pieces (at some point)
(for the chicken I normally use breast or tenders and will either bake it in a cake pan, cool it on the stove, then throw into the fridge or I love to use my George Foreman grill - it take about 7-8 mins to cook (about 4) chicken breast, shorter time for tenders, cool on a plate and throw in fridge till I need them, I cut them when they are cold)

**Apples - cut into small chunks
**Grapes - cut up
**Celery - cut into small pieces
**Raisins - both golden and the "normal" raisins
**Lettuce - cut up
**Walnuts ( if you like them or have them ) - crushed up
**Mayo
**Sugar
**Milk

(if there is something else you like in Chicken Salad - add it, if you don't have all these things use what you got - the key to this is the mayo, sugar and milk, those are a must, it balances out all the flavors)

Here's the thing I DON'T MEASURE - when I make this I make a HUGE BOWL and normally Ryan has it gone that night (he loves it). So just eyeball it - I normally use 3 chicken breasts or about 10 tenders, 2-3 apples, half a bag of grapes, 2-3 hand fulls of both kinds of raisins, about half a head of lettuce or a bag shredded lettuce, Ryan hates walnuts so I only put then in my bowl, 3-4 heaping spoon fulls of mayo, couple tablespoons sugar and just a dash of milk. DO NOT USE THIS MUCH UNLESS YOU WANT A LARGE AMOUNT!!!! Just cut it down to your size.

Cut everything up, put it in a bowl, add the chicken last. Toss it all together. In another (small) bowl put some mayo, a little sugar and a small dash of milk. Mix together - taste, it should taste kind of like mayo with sugar :O) but it should be not as thick. When it tastes like something you might like pour it over the bowl of stuff, mix and you have chicken salad :O)


Easy Apple Dessert

2-3-4 apples (as few or as many as you like) - skinned and cut into slices
Pie pan
Pam spray
Brown sugar
White sugar
Cinnamon
Splash of Orange Juice ( if you don't have any its o.k you can still make this )
Bisquick
Cup Milk
2 Eggs

Pre heat oven to 400 spray Pie Pan with Pam, Place apple slices in a bowl add splash of O.J mix till apples are coated, put apples in pan (use as much as you want/can) don't put too many that there is no room at the top, sprinkle about 2 tables white sugar over apples, about 1/4 cup Brown Sugar over top, about 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, kind of toss apples a bit.

In bowl mix 1/2 cup of Bisquick, 1 cup Milk, and 2 eggs - pour over apples in pan, throw in oven about 25 mins, or till the top is slightly brown or till knife inserted in center comes out fairly clean.

Serve Warm or Cold with or with out Ice Cream.

A Fav. Last Minute Dinner

Grill or Bake Chicken
Make Rice
Can Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken Soup (Cream of Just About Anything Soup)

Pre-heat oven to 350
Throw Cooked Chicken & Cooked Rice in Baking Dish - Mix Soup with half the required milk - Pour over chicken and rice ( kind of mix together )throw in oven, bake 15-20 mins or till soup is warm - it will bubble a bit. Stir and Serve.


***Just a few Tips***

*Always Salt and Pepper your chicken - just a little will do on both sides.
*Always have a box of Minute Rice and a box of Mashed Potato Flakes on hand - I hate using boxed Potato Flakes for mashed potatoes but they do come in handy.
*Get a box of Bisquick - I would suggest the 40oz size - you can do a million things with it - I'll share more later.
*Always have White and Light Brown Sugar on hand, keep both in AIR TIGHT containers
*Always have a can of Pam
*I would really recommend investing in a George Foreman Grill - they cut cooking time by like 75%!!!
I'll share more tips later :O)

Try these recipes if you want, let me know how they come out :O)
If you have any problems let me know

ENJOY!!!!

No comments: