Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My Friend is the Best Mom!!

OMG!!! My Friend is the best mom ever and I so hope that one day I will be like her. I haven't seen her in a while, like 8 months or so cuz life has just been crazy for both of us, well I got see her and her kids yesterday and I must say I have never been so impressed by a mom and her kids as I am by her and her kids.

She is 25 or 26 so she pretty young to have 4 kids under the age of 6. Well actually the oldest, Maddie will be 7 the end of August, Savanna is 4 and will be 5 in September, her son Josiah is 2 and will be 3 in November and her youngest, Abaliena (that's spelled wrong), is 1 and will be 2 in January. So they are all pretty young and they are the most well behaved kids I have ever met.

When we got there they were all playing nicely in the playroom, and when they realized we were there they all came out and said hi - including the 2 youngest. They weren't crazy or wild, they were very polite. My husband and her husband went outside to work on their car, so Rachel and I stayed inside. I also must say her house is just about spotless too. All the kids beds were made - and I mean actually made, sheets tucked in, and covers pulled up. The Two oldest girls share a room, Josiah has his own room where he sleeps in a twin bed and has no problems with it. Oh and HE'S POTTY TRAINED!!!! The youngest still sleeps in a crib but is just about potty trained as well. Everything was neat and clean and dusted and I was just sooooo amazed!! In fact I was embarrassed, her house is cleaner than mine and I don't work or have kids.

You may be thinking that maybe the kids aren't happy or that the T.V is the babysitter but you would be so wrong. In the time we were there the T.v was not turned on once and her kids are the happiest kids I have ever met, we were there for about 3 1/2 hours and there was not one fight or argument, she never once raised her voice. If there is a problem between the kids they came to her, they don't scream or yell or fight, they go to their mom and explain the problem to her and then they talk about the best choice to be made for the situation. It is totally amazing!!!!

The kids ate dinner at 7pm and it was a real dinner, chicken and noodles with garlic bread, and apple slices. All she had to do is tell them once that dinner was ready and they all came to the table found their seats and just sat and waited for Rachel to give them there plates - including the two youngest - they sit at the table like the rest of the kids not in a high chair or booster seat in a normal chair. They all ate and even asked for more by saying please and thank you. When they were done she asked them all to get their jammies, which they did. The two oldest got changed themselves and put there dirty clothes in the basket not on the floor, the youngest two brought there clothes to her so she could change them. They cleaned up the toy room without being asked and sat on the couch and listened to her read a story to them - the oldest Maddie even read she 6 and is reading at a 3rd grade level!!! Savanna is 4 and reads at a 1st grade level!! After the story they all held hands and said their night time prayers and went to bed. And that was that - They were IN BED BY 8PM!!!!!!!

So I had to ask how she does it. She and the kids get up at 8 am eat breakfast together then they get to watch one show, one 1/2 hour show, while she cleans the kitchen and does the dishes. Then they get dressed and make the beds. Then they decide what to do for the day. Weather they dig in the dirt together or make a craft they do it together. That's the secret she says! Also and they don't fight they talk about things, no yelling,no screaming, no fighting!! It is truly amazing!!! When I'm a mom I sooooo what to be like her.

No comments: